Re: I want to collaborate with materia-gtk-theme

On Friday, February 14 2020, Roberto De Oliveira wrote:

> Hi Everyone!

Hey Alberto,

> I realized materia-gtk-theme could be easily update with latest
> upstream version, actually I did a test with gbp and installed on my
> computer and it's working just fine. I sent an email to Sagar
> Ippalpalli but I haven't received a response. How can I help with this
> package (and star a path to become my self into a Debian Contributor).

Thank you for your interest!

If you've already tried contacting the current maintainer, waited for at
least 2 weeks, and hasn't received any replies from him, then I'd say
it's pretty safe to go ahead and start working on the package yourself.
You can prepare an NMU (Non-Maintainer Upload) and ask for sponsorship
here.  Someone will review your package, and will be able to upload it
to a DELAYED queue (probably after trying to contact the maintainer
again).

Don't stop yourself from improving a package just because of an
unresponsive maintainer.

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36