Re: building both monolithic command line program and shared library from single source package, ddcutil

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 4:50 PM Sanford Rockowitz wrote:

> True. ddcutil internals were reworked some time ago for what I call User
> Supplied Feature Definitions.

Another aspect of manufacturer-specific features is that they can be
used to do things that never should be allowed, like run arbitrary
code inside the monitor. I wonder if the Linux kernel should be
blocking access to at least the dangerous ones like Genesis' GProbe:

https://github.com/redballoonshenanigans/monitordarkly

--
bye,
pabs