Re: Understand Debian Keyring

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 12:02 AM Tong Sun
<suntong001@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 7:56 PM Paul Wise wrote:
>
> > > How to delete my package from ftp.upload.debian.org?
> >
> > Usually that means using dcut (from devscripts), but in this case the
> > package is no longer in the upload queue so you cannot remove it from
> > there.
> > . . .
>
> Thanks a lot for the explanation.
>
> Now, before I redo the upload (and get it stuck again), let me try to
> understand the situation --
>
> The reason it was stuck might be because my key was *considered*
> expired. The problem is, I renewed it two or three weeks ago, and sent
> it to pgp &
> Ubuntu key servers.
>
> The mentors.debian.net accepted my (renewed) key, but ftp-master
> didn't. Might that my key on ftp-master.debian.org is somehow not
> refreshed? Anyway, I tried to fix the issue by refreshing my key to
> keyring.debian.org. However, on reading https://keyring.debian.org/, I
> stated to wonder that if it good enough *now*:

Yes, mentors.debian.net may accept your key update in short time, but
for debian keyring it's not the same case.

> > We will include your changed key in our next keyring push (which happens approx. monthly).
>
> What does it really mean? Shall I need to wait a month before uploading again?

Yes, and keyring updates "monthly" means it may take about two months
for your key update in the worst case.

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo