Re: RFS: comedilib 0.11.0-2

Hi Gudjon,

On Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 12:42:39PM +0200, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the upload of gspiceui. I'm sorry but it may most probably
> be removed anyway. I don't think bug #885195 will be fixed. I noticed that
> after my upload, sorry :(
>
> Anyway, it doesn't block wxwidgets anymore. Tomorrow I will ask on the electronics
> mailing list if I can change the geda-gaf dependency to lepton-eda. It seems like no one
> in Debian is interested in geda anymore.

I admit I have no idea about this.

> On Saturday, 5 October 2019 17:57:06 CEST Andreas Tille wrote:
> >
> > I will only sponsor from Git.  I've uploaded gspiceui.  I wonder why you
> > do not ask in the team (gspiceui in Debian Science - might be moved to
> > electronics as well - and comedilib in pkg-electronics) to enhance your
> > chances to find a sponsor.  I also assumed you know about SoB[1].  Both
> > packages fit in the rules and you pushed several packages via this
> > method before.
> > Kind regards
> >        Andreas.
> > [1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB
>
> I got the permission today and the git repository is up to date.
>
> As you wil find out, the
> debian/rules clean
> target will remove a lot of files that are in git.

I have not checked this but this sounds bad.

> Shall I add the files removed into the Files-exclude in the copyright file?

If these files should be excluded and are not needed that's better.

> I prefer to be able to do
> dpkg-buildpackage
> repeatably

Sure - so removing files is usually contradicting with this.

> Now I do
>
> fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage
> quilt pop
> quilt pop
> fakeroot debian/rules clean
> git checkout .
> and then I am at a starting point.

I'm afraid I don't understand this.  But any quilt or git calls
to restore the initial state should not be needed.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de