Re: uscan of the tango package, mk-origtargz

hi PICCA,

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel <frederic-emmanuel.picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr>
writes:
>> Please confirm that
>> > LANG=C tar --delete $(tar tf tango-9.3.3-rc2.tar | grep "lib/java/R.*jar") < tango-9.3.3-rc2.tar > tango.tar
>> is inspired by `mk-origtargz`.
>
> not at all, I found this in #869087, which is a tar bug with --delete.
>
> It is not clear to me what is the cmd executed by mk-origtargz.
> It would be nice to have a debug mode for this.
>
> Cheers
>
> Fred
>
>> Karma bonus points for providing context.
>
> I just try to make  gbp import-orig --uscan works with my package.

Although out-of-place tar deletion undoubtedly is more robust than
in-place deletion, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bug, too.
(which is really bad for Debian infrastructure, so we should
identify/fix this).

Can you reproduce the problem with:
$ cat tango-9.3.3-rc2.tar | tar --delete <filespec-to-delete> > \
  tango-9.3.3-rc2-excluded.tar
?

Cheers and Best Regards,
--