Re: dbgsym metapackages?

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 07:46:06PM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2019-08-11 09:31 -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> > I'd like a metapackage that'd pull in all automatic dbgsyms from one source
> > package.  But I don't see any way to accomplish this.  Is this possible?
>
> You can of course create such a metapackage, but it becomes out of date
> when the list of binary packages from that source package changes.
>
> What are you trying to accomplish with that metapackage?

Make it easier for users/devs to get backtraces for EFL apps.  Automatic dbgsym
results in 49 dbgsym packages from src:efl.  Getting all of the required ones
for a given backtrace can be a chore.  A metapackage occurred to me as a
possible improvement in the absence of a tool addressing #843466.

I'm also unsure how to ship it.  It couldn't go in main, since it'd depend on
packages in debug.  And I couldn't find an example of metapackages in debug.
(Nothing jumps out of "aptitutde search -- '-dbgsym' | grep meta" though this
makes questionable assumptions about naming.)

Any other ideas would be welcome too.

Ross