Re: Looking for a sponsor

what happened with that ?

El jue., 2 de may. de 2019 a la(s) 05:24, <etchevef@tutanota.com> escribió:

Hello everyone,

(TLWR:
I have worked on my fisrt package, and am looking for a DD/DM to check it and eventually sponsor it into unstable.)

Some time ago I had to compile the latest version of Heimadll (www.glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/), because the packaged version wasn't compatible with my device. I thought it was a good occasion for a first contribution to Debian, since it is a simple enough package (2 binaries).

The package is currently maintained by Steve Langasek, but it has not seen updates for ~3 years while upstream had a new release ~ 2 years ago, and Steve has not answered my messages to the mail address mentioned on his packager page, so I thought it okay to bypass him there.

I've gone through the "Debian new maintainer's guide", took what I could from Steve's package, and I think I now have a decent package, or at least an upgrade from the current one. That being said, there are a few things that I am not too sure about, and I certainly made a few errors since this is my first package and there was many things I barely understood well enough to have it look like it works.

So if someone here has some time and the motivation to go through what I did, correct it and maybe sponsor it into unstable, please reply to me so I can send you what I did.

Thank you for reading.