Re: Configure your PC to contribute to Debian community

[ Please, format your emails by 80 column ]

[2019-05-08 15:12] Vipul <mail.finn@protonmail.com>
> Hey there,
>
> I've been using Debian from couples of years but haven't contributed
> yet back to community. I want to contribute to Debia n by maintaining
> packages and fixing bugs. Since I'm using Debian for work purpose also
> so, I don't want to mess-up  with my system by installing unstable
> packages or libraries. Is there a way to get isolation for work &
> contribution purpose to keep yourself organized?  I can get isolation
> by using Docker image or install one more copy of Debian in PC and
> switch between them but that w ould be painful. I want to hear from
> contributors & maintainers Which method they are using or prefer to
> get isolation?

You can work in chroot (debootstrap) and/or you can build packages in
schroot.
--
        Note, that I send and fetch email in batch, once every 24 hours.
                 If matter is urgent, try https://t.me/kaction