Re: Hello

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 3:38 PM HuangKaiXiang wrote:

> Hello everyone, I want to join as a Debian developer.

Hi, thanks for your interest in Debian :)

> The new maintainer manual tells me that I can get help here.
> I need a mentros to help and tell me how to do it.

There are lots of different ways to contribute to Debian, some of them
are listed here:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help

A great way to start contributing is to look at the packages you have
installed that are in need of help, using the how-can-i-help tool. The
maint-guide document is our canonical introduction to maintaining
packages.

https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

Most of the time, mentoring within Debian happens in public, folks ask
questions either on the #debian-mentors IRC channel or debian-mentors
mailing list and whoever knows the answer will reply.

In addition there are some one-on-one mentoring programs:

https://wiki.debian.org/Mentoring

> I am engaged in embedded development work, maybe I can start from this.

That sounds like a great way to start, some possibly useful/related
links are available here:

https://wiki.debian.org/ArmPorts
https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ftbfs.cgi?arch=armel
https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ftbfs.cgi?arch=armhf