Re: looking-glass packaging questions

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 11:06 PM Lennart Weller wrote:

> The last change is something maybe for the future. The software depends on a client component for windows which currently needs to be downloaded from the authors website. I imagine one could supply a self cross-compiled windows executable on an iso that could be easily mounted into the vm and installed from there. Has anyone done something similar to this? So far I know only of virtio drivers but they are not supplied by debian anywhere as far as i can see.

Debian has mingw cross-compilers for Windows as well as a few packages
that contain cross-compiled Windows executables. In particular
Debian's win32-loader package (built using the nsis Windows installer
creator) contains an executable that runs on Windows and adds Debian
installer images to the Windows boot menu.

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=mingw
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=win32
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/tools/win32-loader/unstable/

--