Re: Any clue how to use pbuilder / cowbuilder in connection with Rules-Requires-Root: no

On Mon, Dec 09, 2019 at 11:35:10AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot not found, either install the fakeroot
> package, specify a command with the -r option, or run this as root
> I: copying local configuration
> E: Failed autobuilding of package

Are you explicitly specifying -rfakereoot in your dpkg-buildpackage
options?
pbuilder is not installing fakeroot if the package to be built has
R³:no, and likewise dpkg-buildpackage shouldn't be looking up for
fakeroot either.

pbuilder has been doing that for more than a year now, and there are
plenty of packages with R³:no at this date, so I believe something is
wrong with either the package or your setup.

Note that adding fakeroot to the build-deps would be wrong in this
particular case, since that's an error from even before the build
starts.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo