Re: Hosting deb server using Hugo?

> The format of the repository is documented here:
Thanks! This is very helpful.

> It is unlikely that a blog engine will be able to generate an apt
> repository. Could you say more about the restriction?
Basically I'm restricted due to git version control service providers.
I managed to turn the Hugo content generator to host deb packages
(e.g. link to download) and mimic json reply.

The next challenge is to comply towards Apt protocol so that
user can do "apt update && apt upgrade" instead of downloading
the deb manually.

If the exploration is fruitful, we can remove a lot of CI dependencies.
It's more for preventive measure for ghosting supplier.

Regards,
Holloway

On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 10:08 AM Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
On Sun, 2019-11-03 at 09:57 +0800, Holloway Kean Ho wrote:

> I'm getting restricted to only using Hugo.io.

It is unlikely that a blog engine will be able to generate an apt
repository. Could you say more about the restriction?

> Is there a documentation (or spec) that mentions about how "apt"
> communicates with the package server like UML or data  type
> (e.g json structure)? I had been searching for quite some time from
> Debian Manual.

apt just downloads the repository files over http.

The format of the repository is documented here:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Format

--
bye,
pabs