Bug#941367: RFS: z3 4.8.6-1 -- theorem prover from Microsoft Research
X-Debbugs-CC: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
I am looking for a sponsor for an upload of the z3 package.
The current maintainer, Michael Tautschnig, is apparently not active anymore, because
he has not made an upload for this package for several years now, and didn't respond
to any of my emails. Because I'd already made several non-maintainer uploads for this
package in the past, I decided to add myself as co-maintainer (I have added Michael in
the X-Debbugs-CC above just to be sure).
My changes are summarized in the latest changelog entry:
z3 (4.8.6-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* New upstream release.
* Make watch file more robust (match (z3|Z3) instead of just z3).
* Add myself to Uploaders in debian/control.
* Drop the libz3-cil package (not all build dependencies are available
in Debian; also see the discussion in #886590).
* Update/refresh patches.
* Drop python-z3 package and replace it with python3-z3
(Closes: #886590, #938876).
* Enable autopkgtest package testing and add several superficial and
non-superficial test cases.
* Add -fPIC to DEB_CXXFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND in an attempt to fix #940266.
* Try to make the build more reproducible.
-- Fabian Wolff <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sun, 29 Sep 2019 18:21:54 +0200
In particular, I've introduced the new python3-z3 package, so whoever decides to
sponsor this upload, please remember to also upload binaries, because the package has
to go through the NEW queue.
My changes are on Salsa (I'll push to the actual repository once somebody has given
me sufficient ("Maintainer") permissions to do so), and also on Mentors:
Thanks for your help!