private library whci is not that private

Hello,

I am preparing a package knows as bornagain.

this software provide a GUI application and a python modules generated via swig.
part of the code is shared between the binary and the modules.

the upstream put the library

_libBornAgainCore.so
_libBorAgainFit.so
_libbornagainGUI.so

under

/usr/lib/bornagain/...

Indeed when I just do an import in python3, I have an error

>>> import bornagain
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/bornagain/libBornAgainFit.py", line 14, in swig_import_helper
    return importlib.import_module(mname)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 965, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'bornagain._libBornAgainFit'

so my question is should just put theses libraries under

/usr/lib/{multiarch} in the bornagain binary, and make the python3-bornagain module depends on bornagain.

or

Should I provide a dedicated binary package for these private libraries ? and depends on it fot he binary and the modules.

Indeed they are meant to stay in the same source package.

thanks for your help

Frederic