Re: Request for advice

Hello Sharon,

ITP stands for "Intention to package". If you really intent to finish
packaging, then you can leave it open. Maybe, only the specific
package is way to complex, and requires special way of packaging.
Closing the bug you can double the effort, as multiple people could
end up working on same package in parallel, from scratch.

Also, you can collaborate with others:

* reply to the ITP bug, that help is welcome, and indicate slow progress,
* publish yours packaging effort in salsa git repository,
* ask specific questions here on mentors.

> But, I was too optimistic of how much time I have to learn the
> packaging process and perform it.

For quick start, you can copy debian folder from different package
using same programming language, build system, similar libraries,..
Then adjust it to yours package, and run lintian over the whole thing.

Kind regards,
Miroslav Kravec