Re: Need help with uscan

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 9:00 AM Ben Finney wrote:
> Andrius Merkys writes:
> > I am wondering if it would be possible to write uscan rules to extract
> > the timestamp and download the upstream tarball by analyzing [the HTML
> > of the index page]
>
> I don't know enough about hacking UScan for custom mangling like that.
> AFAIK, the mangling that UScan does is built into the tool, I don't know
> about custom extensions.

uscan now supports arbitrary mangling of the page HTML using the
pagemangle option. This combined with the downloadurlmangle option
could easily accommodate this website.

I think that would be a workaround and the real fix is to talk
upstream into importing their code into a VCS and producing properly
signed and tagged releases (with signed versioned tarballs).

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise