Re: Fixing incorrect .orig

wferi@niif.hu (Ferenc Wágner) writes:
> Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> writes:

>> Is there a suffix typically used for this situation of essentially
>> 're-done upstream source'

> $ grep "Version.*real" /var/lib/apt/lists/deb.debian.org_debian_dists_stretch_main_binary-amd64_Packages

> reveals some other options like +real and (+)really, and I've seen .real
> as well.

+really is more often used when one has to upload an older version of
upstream and doesn't want to use an epoch.  As, for instance, in the
following version sequence, where a revert to upstream's 1.0 release was
required:

    1.0-1
    1.1-1
    1.1+really1.0-1

It's a temporarily ugly way to avoid an epoch if one hopes to be able to
upload 1.2 or something in the future.  I think that's a bit different
from Wooky's use case (for which I'd probably use +pristine).

We don't have great or consistent naming conventions for this stuff.