Re: Change file permissions

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 17:14:45 +0100, Muri Nicanor <muri@immerda.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 01/18/2018 10:02 AM, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> > Hello,
> >> they are not 600. should i set the file permissions on package upgrade
> >> or should i leave this to the user?
> >
> >> if i should set them, should i use postinst or is there a better way?
> >
> > is a dh_fixperms override helpful?
>
> not really, because if i read its manpage correctly it only lets me
> exclude files from dh_fixperms' predefined directory+mode configurations.

right, that was my feeling as well. And from my testings, when you
install the package for the first time that will help since the install
step from upstream will set the permission correctly (if they do so) and
dh_fixperms won't change this.
But for an upgrade, I had to write a postinst file to fix this on the
already existing files (on sources.debian.org, other packages do as
well)
Still I had this wondering, and I'm always listing to advices.

F.