Build-Depends for a Python wrapper

Hello Debian Mentors,

I’m preparing to request a piece of software I maintain be made available on Debian and have been doing my homework trying to package it correctly. It’s a C++ binary, but comes with a Python wrapper for invoking it [0]. This script should run with either Python 2 or Python 3 and requires no non-standard modules, but I’m having trouble getting lintian to approve of it. In trying to pacify its warnings, I seem to keep causing new ones. The latest is missing-build-dependency-for-dh-addon which seemed straightforward, but I’m having trouble resolving it. Is it possible I’m just going about this the wrong way? You can see my current fumblings around in the dark for the light switch at [1]. I have not packaged something for Debian before, so apologies if this question is answered elsewhere and my search skills failed me. If you have any time to point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Matthew

  [0]: https://github.com/Smattr/rumur/blob/packaging/debian/rumur/src/rumur-run
  [1]: https://github.com/Smattr/rumur/blob/packaging/debian/debian/control