Re: VCS warnings

On Wednesday, December 12 2018, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:

>> > If you use a VCS you should put the VCS info into these fields, otherwise
>> > you should remove them. I don't see a reason to ignore the warnings.
>>
>> May I expand this a bit a say "otherwise, you should put your package on
>> Salsa and update the fields accordingly"?  There are fewer things more
>> frustrating than a package that doesn't use a VCS.
> Indeed, but I'm not sure what we think of putting unreleased packages to
> Salsa. OTOH one can always put them into their private namespace.
> ALso, if this is a package that existed only on Alioth and was never
> migrated, or if it WAS migrated, it's even more complicated...

Yeah, what I usually suggest for sponsees is to put the first version of
the unreleased package into their own namespaces, and switch to the
official "debian" namespace when the package gets accepted.

When the package was on Alioth but was never migrated, one could check
the Alioth archives and see if it's there.  Let me see...

... Yep, apparently it's there:

  https://alioth-archive.debian.org/git/collab-maint/guile-cairo.git.tar.xz

It should be easy to download the tarball and import the repo from salsa
afterwards.  I think this is the best approach in this case.

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36