Re: Question about a file inside debian directory

On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 16:37:27 +0500
Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 11:59:16AM +0100, Jose G. López wrote:
> > Well my problem is that upstream's software is intended to build just
> > an executable and I'm building a shared library.
> This is even more important problem. Are you sure you can do it properly?

I will contact upstream to see if she is insterested in autotoolize her
software and give her a hand with that.
In the meantime, I think the package is building and working properly;
I did some tests linking litle programs with the library, executing, ...

> On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 13:50:07 +0100
> Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:

> There's also a third way: as debian/rules is a makefile, it can do whatever
> you want.  Patching the upstream Makefile is good when you want to amend or
> change some issue, not when you replace it completely.

Thank you Adam, I followed your advice and moved all building instructions to debian/rules.

Source package is uploaded to mentors:
https://mentors.debian.net/package/fathom

dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fathom/fathom_1.0-1.dsc

And the repository at:
https://salsa.debian.org/josgalo-guest/fathom.git

If someone can review it and believes it's correct, I will open an RFS bug.

Regards,