Re: Question about a file inside debian directory

On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 11:35:52AM +0100, Jose G. López wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> Is it permitted by the Debian Policy to have a personalized makefile inside debian
> directory and call it from rules file? Or I should patch the upstream's makefile completly?

There's also a third way: as debian/rules is a makefile, it can do whatever
you want.  Patching the upstream Makefile is good when you want to amend or
change some issue, not when you replace it completely.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Ivan was a worldly man: born in St. Petersburg, raised in