Re: My debian/control and possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description

On Sat, Dec 01, 2018 at 01:20:43PM -0500, Tong Sun wrote:
> > > My debian/control has the
> > > possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description warning.
> > >
> > > I've checked back-and-forth several times but really couldn't figure
> > > out where that possibility could be.
> >
> > Have you also read the long description of that lintian tag?
> >
> > > Could somebody check it for me please? I've post it at --
> > > https://gist.github.com/suntong/f57cb2aeff58541ebab4f07d637ff86e
> >
> > Indeed lintian is right :)
>
> Honestly speaking, I don't thinking this the correct attitude to help.
>
> "Have you also read the long description of that lintian tag?",
> "Indeed lintian is right :)" --
> This, is not helping at all, for when people are confused, they are
> confused for a reason.
This is helping as some people don't know the long descriptions exist and
the long descriptions are usually helpful, just like in this case.

> > contains an unindented line which starts with a dash (-)
>
> while my view of my lines 30 to 45 are *already* indented with a
> leading space, so they are NOT unindented & starts with a dash (-)
> .
They are unindented, as the indent you see is for the control file
syntax, not for the field syntax.

> However, I'm not going to open a lintian bug. I'll wait and laugh at
> the next victim instead, as it is happening to me.
Good, thank you.

--
WBR, wRAR