[2018-10-29 09:39] Manticore Search Maintainers <email@example.com>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "manticore"
> dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/manticore/manticore_2.7.3.dsc
As time of writing (Mon Oct 29 20:44:20 UTC 2018), I see following
issues with package on mentors:
* Since this package is not debian-specific, and have its own release
process, package must be foreign (with -1 revision), not native.
* I have no idea what -DDISTR_BUILD=jessie means, but it looks
suspicious. New packages are built in sid environment, which in
future will become stretch release.
* compat=11 implies --parallel. No need to mention it in `debian/rules'
* Policy version is old. Current is 4.2.1
* You claim compat=11, but build-depends on debhelper >= 10. You'd
better use new style: build-depends on `debhelper-compat (=11)' and
remove `debian/compat'. See debhelper(7)
* Maintainer could be a mailing list, but upload is always done by
human, who is mentioned in `debian/changelog'.
* Your build system tries to download dependencies. It is wrong. You
have to declare dependencies in `debian/control' and make sure that
build success without network access. `unshare -rn' could be of use,
as more complex sbuild/pbuild solutions.
I will stop here for now.
Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov, a Debian Developer.
Note, that I fetch/send email at most once every 24 hours. In case of
emergency, use Signal (+7 985 316 75 70) to message/call.