Question about meson and hardening

Hello all,
I was working in a new package which has meson as build system. I've
updated debian/rules to use the hardening flags (I've tried all the
options?) but after building Lintian says:
====================================
I: goodvibes: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/bin/goodvibes
N:
N:    This package provides an ELF binary that lacks the use of fortified libc
N:    functions. Either there are no potentially unfortified functions called
N:    by any routines, all unfortified calls have already been fully validated
N:    at compile-time, or the package was not built with the default Debian
N:    compiler flags defined by dpkg-buildflags. If built using
N:    dpkg-buildflags directly, be sure to import CPPFLAGS.
N:
N:    NB: Due to false-positives, Lintian ignores some unprotected functions
N:    (e.g. memcpy).
N:
N:    Refer to https://wiki.debian.org/Hardening and
N:    https://bugs.debian.org/673112 for details.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: wild-guess
N:
N:    Check: binaries, Type: binary, udeb
N:
I: goodvibes: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/bin/goodvibes-client

debian/rules:
====================================
#!/usr/bin/make -f
export DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS = hardening=+all

export DEB_CFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND  = -g -Wall -pedantic
export DEB_LDFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND = -Wl,--as-needed

%:
        dh $@ --buildsystem=meson

override_dh_installchangelogs:
        dh_installchangelogs NEWS

Meson is new for me, I was looking at some gnome packages and I was
trying to do the same but without success.
Do you know any advice? I'm attaching upstream meson.build file. Thanks.

Best regards,
Elías