Copyright: in d/copyright - Questions about writing copyright info

Hi!

I'm new to packaging, and I am currently trying to write 'd/copyright'
file. I am watching some other repositories for studying the
conventions.

I can see that some packages have an upstream author's URL in their
'Copyright:', like 'Copyright: https://github.com/authorname'.
Even though the upstream source has their explicit copyright
information--like 'year name'-- in copyright file--like 'LICENSE.txt'.

Now I have some questions:
  - Is it a one of the conventions? Can I write like that?
  - Why use only the author's URL instead of the author's copyright
    information like 'Copyright: year name <email>'?
  - Is there a d/copyright guideline to read?
    (I am currently studying with [1] [2] [3].)

This might be a silly question, of newcomer (= me).

Always a lot of appreciating!

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#copyright-debian-copyright
[2] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dreq.en.html#copyright
[3] https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

--
Jongmin Kim

OpenPGP key located at
https://jmkim-pgp.github.io/keys/pubkey.D39D8D29BAF36DF8.Jongmin_Kim.asc
OpenPGP fingerprint: 012E 4A06 79E1 4EFC DAAE  9472 D39D 8D29 BAF3 6DF8