Re: automake issue in virtuoso: "library has 'libwi_odbc_la' as canonical name (possible typo)"

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 05:33:01PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 04:21:10PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > libsrc/Wi/Makefile.am:544: library has 'libwi_base_la' as canonical name (possible typo)
> > This is correct, there is a var named libwi_base_la_cflags which seems to
> > be a generic var so it should be renamed to something not looking like
> > foo_cflags automake var.
>
> That's why I did s/cflags/CFLAGS/.
Ah, I was assuming the vars are case insensitive so the original name is
problematic. Do you have the same error without that change? Because the
canonical names of automake target vars are foo_CFLAGS.

> > > libsrc/Wi/Makefile.am:574: warning: variable 'libwi_odbc_la_LDFLAGS' is defined but no program or
> > > libsrc/Wi/Makefile.am:574: library has 'libwi_odbc_la' as canonical name (possible typo)
> > This is because that library is indeed not defined.
> >
> > > I searched the web for
> > >    "library has" + "as canonical name (possible typo)"
> > Well, the error messages say "no program or library has that name" which
> > is correct:
> >
> > noinst_LTLIBRARIES = libwi.la libwic.la
> >
> > So this is just dead code.
>
> OK, I think I fixed this specifiv Makefile.am[1].
So you've enabled building IODBC_LIBS? Why? It is disabled by the
upstream.
And you made a libwi_base.la which is not what was intended. As I said,
libwi_base_la_cflags is a generic var meant to be included in other vars.
And are you sure you need to fix those "LDLAGS" if it was that way in the
upstream code?

--
WBR, wRAR