Re: Fix a watchfile to pick up alpha releases etc.

On 07/04/2018 09:16 PM, Ross Gammon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been having some fun with a watchfile for a github project where
> I would like uscan to pickup the recent alpha, beta and rc releases. The
> package is Gramps:
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/gramps
>
> Upstream are putting the "alpha" bit after a "-" (e.g. v5.0.0-rc1) as
> recomended by github, and I can't find a way to get the uversionmangle
> to work after much trial and error, and much searching of
> codesearch.debian.net.
>
> Can anyone put me out of my misery?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ross

False alarm. Don't waste your time. It wasn't a uversionmangle issue, it
was the filenamemangle & URL line that had the mistakes. Using the
examples for github on https://wiki.debian.org/debian/watch (instead of
the weird version I had) makes all the difference.

I helps to stop and have a drink sometimes!

Ross