Re: Salsa Group Request for Nextcloud

Hello,

>> I would like to begin a packaging initiative for nextcloud[1]
>
> The former upstream owncloud was removed from Debian because upstream
> requested it be removed, has this changed with the new upstream? I'd
> strongly suggest discussing this with the new upstream before
> attempting to package this.

I am happy to reach out to upstream for clarification, but I am basing my current information on this comment [1] from the RFP[2].

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=835086#35
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=835086

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/owncloud
> https://tracker.debian.org/news/764368/removed-7013dfsg-1-from-unstable/
> https://bugs.debian.org/822681
> https://bugs.debian.org/858086
> https://bugs.debian.org/816376
>
> Also, please read the section of the devref about reintroducing packages:
>
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#reintroducing-pkgs

Thanks for this pointer, I'll do a bit more research on the history of the OwnCloud package.