Running of atac results in a seqfault when it is built in testing using gcc-4:7.3.0-3

Hi,

I was writing an autopkgtest for kmer[1] and faced a problem that I do not know how to fix. Trying to test atac, one of kmer's binary packages, I noticed the following:
/usr/bin/../lib/atac/bin/statsGenerator -a /tmp/autopkgtest.nPpQt1/autopkgtest_tmp/results/EcolivsSent.atac -p /tmp/autopkgtest.nPpQt1/autopkgtest_tmp/results/stats/EcolivsSent -g A > /tmp/autopkgtest.nPpQt1/autopkgtest_tmp/results/stats/EcolivsSent.stats
Segmentation fault
Failed to ganerate statistics.
So the problem is somehow related to the gcc of version 4:7.3.0-3. Could someone with expertise help me with this issue? In my commit[2] I have uploaded the test I tried as well as test data files.

With regards,
Liubov

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/kmer
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/kmer/commit/5080553126487328686f72ec0ade5a83a47ec768