Re: Salsa repository request

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 02:53:54PM -0400, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
> On Saturday, June 16 2018, Fabian Wolff wrote:
> > Could someone please create a 'libantlr3c' repository in the Debian
> > group on Salsa and give me (wolff-guest) write access to it? An empty
> > repository will suffice, I will populate the repository with the
> > history from snapshot.debian.org as well as my own changes.
>
> Done:
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/debian/libantlr3c

Great, thank you.

You see, I am the maintainer of a reverse dependency of libantlr3c
(cvc4). libantlr3c is scheduled for autoremoval on 15 July due to
#900601, and since libantlr3c is currently orphaned, I took it upon
myself to investigate the issue.

I have attempted to fix the issue by removing the non-DFSG-compliant
files. One of the functions that was defined there is needed by other
parts of the code, however, which is why I have provided an
alternative implementation. I know rather little about proper Unicode
string handling, and I have never worked with libicu, which is why
I've attempted a solution in C++. Better solutions are welcome, of
course.

Removing the non-DFSG files changes the public API, so a transition is
necessary. There has also been a new upstream release that changes the
SONAME, so I figured it would be best to combine both of those into a
single transition, which is why I've included the new upstream release
into this QA upload.

I have uploaded the package to Mentors:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/libantlr3c

I have set the distribution to "experimental", as described in [0].

Sergio, would you be willing to sponsor this upload? I would also be
glad if you could assist me with the rest of the transition process.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Fabian

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions