Re: gnucobol/2.2-1

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Ludwin Janvier wrote:

> * I disabled the generation of the *-dbgsym packages with override_dh_strip
> because there was no debug symbol. Is this an issue?

It would be nice if the missing debug symbols issue could be fixed,
but it isn't essential to do that.

> * The source file contains some build files (e.g. doc.pdf, generated
> doc.info, ... ). The problem is that the "clean" target removes this files
> -> the build does not pass the reproducible test. I see 2 ways to bypass
> this behavior:

Please ask upstream to remove all generated files from their VCS. The
same applies to tarballs, with the possible exception of autotools
cruft (configure/etc).

> - If I add the tools to rebuild this files, lintian/debhelper thinks I made
> local changes on this files (the rebuild doesn't match exactly the original,
> because it includes the build date) and suggest a patch. (maybe there's a
> way to ignore this files ?)

If upstream refuses to remove the files, you can remove them in
`debian/rules clean` and early in `debian/rules build`. The first so
that building twice in a row works and the second so that they are
always built from source.

> - So I patched makefile.am so the clean target does not remove this files.
> Is this the best option ?

Sounds like this would prevent building the files from source, I would
suggest not doing that.

--
bye,
pabs