Help with uscan

Dear mentors.

It is now a half dozen times that my uploads of lina get the remarks that
the watch file doesn't work.

The source archive is at
http:/a/b/c/REL-5-3-0/lina-5.3.0.tar.gz

My suspicion is that uscan can't handle a situation like this were the version number is
in two places.
(I have no problem guaranteeing that the next version will be
http:/a/b/c/REL-5-3-1/lina-5.3.1.tar.gz )

Can somebody confirm that it should be possible?
Then I will dig deeper. Other help is also greatly appreciated.

P.S. Is there scientific proof that tools like uscan save more time than they cost? A 13 page manual and perl expertise required just to specifiy where a file hangs
out?
"
The traditional debian/watch files can still be used, but the current format offers both simpler and more flexible services. We do not describe the old format here; for their documentation, see the source
       code for uscan.
"
Really?

Groetjes Albert

--
Suffering is the prerogative of the strong, the weak -- perish.
Albert van der Horst