Re: sponsorship-requests

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 12:14:41PM +0200, ox16 wrote:
> Package: sponsorship-requests
> Severity: wishlist
>
>   Dear mentors, maintainer, developer
>
>   I am looking for a sponsor for package "fonts-labiryntowy"  * Package name    : fonts-labiryntowy
>   Version         : 1.53-1
>   Upstream Author : Marek <  ox16@o2.pl >
> * URL             :  alfabet-ozdobny.appspot.com alfabet-ozdobny.appspot.com
> * License         : sil
>   Section         : fonts
>

>   Alternatively, one can download the package  salsa.debian.org salsa.debian.org   Thanks

Please use "reportbug sponsorship-requests" instead; this will file it in
the bug tracking system (and CC to the mailing list), to ensure a record of
the review.

The packaging's state isn't bad, with errors I noticed during a cursory
review being:
* debian/dirs creates an unused directory in /usr/local which triggers
  postinst and postrm we don't want
* the changelog says the package is aimed at stable; all new packages need
  to go to unstable instead
* the copyright file claims the font is copyrighted by SIL International;
  that's obviously wrong.  You also have two definitions of one license name
  -- the license should be written in its own section.
* the first version should close an ITP bug

Which leads us to the ITP part.  Please "reportbug wnpp" to file an "Intent
To Package", including the font's proposed description (which you have
already written) and some reasoning why you think this package should be a
part of Debian.  Normally that second part is obvious, but an invented
alphabet is something that deserves a moment of thought.  ITP bugs are CCed
to debian-devel where the developers have a chance of commenting; they might
have some insight wrt how to mark a special font of this kind.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ I've read an article about how lively happy music boosts
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ productivity.  You can read it, too, you just need the