Re: Re: Where is templato to create package?

A few more thoughts came to me...

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 11:10 AM, Brian Smith <bsmith@systemfabricworks.com> wrote:

Two things up front...

The repository isn't constructed with pristine-tar, so I don't have a way to get the upstream source tarball and I can't build the quilt format package without that. Perhaps someone more experienced with Debian packaging has a different idea for getting past this.

Of course, it can be built with debuild -b, but I don't know if that is an accepted procedure. Most of my experience is in the debian-hpc group, and everything I have run into uses pristine-tar to archive the original source.

d/control Upstream-Contact specifies your information. This directive should identify the upstream author.

Sorry, I meant d/copyright. If you are truly the upstream contact, then the existing statement is fine.

The second Files paragraph doesn't reference a license. I think it's supposed to have this information, but lintian isn't complaining about it.

d/copyright should probably attribute Files:* to upstream and d/* to the maintainer.

In d/control, Vcs-Git is incorrect. Vcs-Browser points to an unknown repository page.

d/changelog needs to reference the ITP bug number, like (Closes: #12345).

Cheers.