Re: .dput.cf WAS: Upload failed: 301 Moved Permanently

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 06:50:27PM +0100, Georg Faerber wrote:
> > Questions, just to fulfil my curiosity:
> > 1) why do you prefer https over ftp?
>
> That's not a sign of my preference. I've just changed this ~ one
> week ago, because uploads weren't possible anymore. I've read the
> announcement regarding the change of the incoming directory, but
> changing 'ftp' to 'https' just worked. I didn't dig to find [1], but now
> I did.. :)

"one week ago" doesn't match anything that happened on mentors.
The change we made about the *recommended* ftp upload path (i.e., the
old one should work just fine) have nothing to do with the http upload
method.

What changed, back the 2018-02-23, is that before there was a redirect
from http to https for everything except /upload, whereas now we
accidentally moved to redirect everything *including* /upload.
Apparently there was a reason for that exception that was accidentally
dropped, but I believe moving to https is fine, and things seem to work
just fine after s/http/https/ so I'd rather not add that exception
anymore.

FWIW:
https://salsa.debian.org/mentors.debian.net-team/debexpo/compare/168425582bd76f23ad5f0763d55a24ef50f6c0d2...dd753d68f1a7adb72268dfc2b9b0fbcf57df64a6

> > 2) are you aware that both dput and dput-ng ships with a default
> >    'mentors' profile to upload through ftp?
>
> Yes, thanks.

Then, especially after you switched your local user configuration to use
ftp so it's basically the same as the one shipped by dput, why aren't
you using it?

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo