Re: Why debian use postinst for declarative actions?

On 05/03/18 14:35, Paul Wise wrote:
On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 7:08 PM, George Shuklin wrote:

There is a big question with torture me for awhile. Why some purely
declarative operations are performed by non-standard postinst scripts?
Probably dpkg doesn't support declarative mechanisms for those things.

Some of them have standardised snippets from debhelper.

Well, I understand that.

I rephrase my question:  Is this a well-thought decision or it's because "no one done this"? Is there some kind of opposition to (partially) declarative format for debs?