Bug#887040: RFS: reptyr/0.6.2-1.1 [RC] [NMU]
On 14.01.2018 03:23 +0100, Nicolas Braud-Santoni wrote:
Control: block 853640 by -1
Control: tag 853640 pending
I just had a look at your NMU, and it seems generally good.
I still have some fairly minor comments, though:
- You can send those changes to the packaging repository, as a pull request.
This will make life much easier for other people sending changes after you.
- The patch files should have a sensible name, and use DEP3 metadata to indicate
that they were cherry-picked from upstream. You might want to have a look at
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/ and the patchedit utility.
- The changelog doesn't provide any rationale for disabling the Yama check except
under Ubuntu, nor are there obvious reasons to do that (someone can enable Yama
on a Debian system, or on a non-Ubuntu Debian derivative).
- The changelog entry that mentions the FTBFS should close it: just adding
`(Closes: #853640)` (without backticks) to the line is enough. Once the
upload is processed and lands in the archive, the bug is automatically closed.
- Some of the items, in the changelog entry, could be improved:
- Replace “Add hardening” by “Enable build-time hardening”
(it is clearer that we are talking about hardening DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTION)
- “Fix FTBFS when /dev/tty0 not exists.” ->
“Fix FTBFS when /dev/tty0 does not exists.”
- If I'm not mistaken (but I could be wrong), “Drop dpkg-dev” should be part
of the move to dh 11 (i.e., debhelper versions <= 7 likely needed it)
Thanks a lot, especially, for taking the time to make the package lintian-clean.
Thanks for review. I pushed all suggested changes to mentors.
.''`. Mateusz Łukasik
: :' : https://l0calh0st.pl
`. `' Debian Member - email@example.com
`- GPG: D93B 0C12 C8D0 4D7A AFBC FA27 CCD9 1D61 11A0 6851