Re: Linitian orig-tarball-missing-upstream-signature

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 05:46:35AM -0400, Paul Wise wrote:
> > And there I do want uscan to actually check the signature of
> > the new orig tarball it downloads. But that also means that as
> > I'm using the orig tarball from upstream (and pristine-tar is
> > just a weird way of storing it) I think it is semantically
> > correct to include the .asc files in the .changes file.
>
> Perhaps you need pristine-tar to also store the .asc file and check it
> out when appropriate.
This is the problem: pristine-tar is not about .asc, it's not even about
source packages or their parts, it's just "regenerate an exact copy of a
pristine upstream tarball" (and while the manpage talks about orig
tarballs I don't know  about any specific support related to orig tarballs
and not just any tarballs). Maybe something else should be extended,
pristine-tar seems like a wrong place.

--
WBR, wRAR