Re: copyright for debian/* files, collab-maint access

Lukas Schwaighofer <lukas@schwaighofer.name> writes:

> I declared my ITA gmrun and I have two questions:
>
> 1. The current debian/copyright is written in a way that it does not
>    apply to the debian/* files.

The copyright file (you don't say which, so I am looking at
<URL:https://sources.debian.net/src/gmrun/0.9.2-2.1/debian/copyright/>)
does not mention any files specifically. This is typically taken to mean
that the copyright, and license grant, applies to the work as a whole.

That includes, IMO, the ‘debian/*’ files unless otherwise stated. If the
Debian packager wants to mention files specifically they have the option
when writing that file.

>    So, as far as I can tell, the previous maintainers have not stated
>    under which license they make their work available.

So by the above logic, I think the previous maintainers *have* stated
explicit license grant to their work, by writing the ‘debian/copyright’
file in the way they did.

--
 \              “Begin with false premises and you risk reaching false |
  `\   conclusions. Begin with falsified premises and you forfeit your |