Re: copyright for debian/* files, collab-maint access

On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 10:05:57PM +0200, Lukas Schwaighofer wrote:
> I declared my ITA gmrun and I have two questions:
>
> 1. The current debian/copyright is written in a way that it does not
>    apply to the debian/* files.  So, as far as I can tell, the previous
>    maintainers have not stated under which license they make their work
>    available.  Should I try to reach the main contributors and ask them
>    if they agree to a specific license or is there a better (easier)
>    way to resolve this?  Is there a recommended license for these files?

As the original maintainer declared the license as GPL-2 (only), it seems
obvious to me this applies to the packaging as well.  I'd thus not even
bother contacting him and assume everything uses that license.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ A dumb species has no way to open a tuna can.