Re: Broken pbuilder process

On 2017-12-16 at 07:52, Sascha Manns wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> currently i'm trying to use 'sudo pbuilder build foo.dsc' for checking
> the package inside a chroot.
>
> Sadly it breaks the build with that issue:
>
> dpkg-deb: building package 'pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy' in
> '/tmp/satisfydepends-aptitude/pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy.deb'.
> dpkg-deb: error: failed to make temporary file (control member): No
> such file or directory
> E: pbuilder-satisfydepends failed.
>
> Does anyone know why it breaks?

This looks like the same error as in bugs 576425, 725434, and 823651.

If I'm reading those bugs correctly, if $TMPDIR and/or $TEMP in the
environment where you invoke pbuilder points to a directory which does
not exist within the pbuilder chroot, you get this error.

Apparently the issue is most commonly caused by having libpam-tmpdir
installed.

--
   The Wanderer