Re: How to get debian ci test passed for proxy application

On Mon, 04 Dec 2017 22:45:21 +0900, Roger Shimizu wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 5:36 AM, gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 18:42:22 +0000, James Cowgill wrote:
> >> I think you might need a "Restrictions: isolation-container" to get
> >> network access, but that's only a guess.
> > That's not my experience. We have quite a few perl packages where the
> > tests do something networky and haven't experienced problems on
> > ci.debian.net (modulo failing requests to external resources but
> > that's of course a different story).
> Maybe out bound network activity is OK, but not for open tcp port to
> listen, as James said.

Sorry for being not more clear in my first mail: we also start all
kinds of daemons, either from the package itself or some other
packages (mysql, mariadb, memcached, …), and the tests successfully
connect to them.

Maybe Antonio as the ci.d.n guru and maintainer can give an
authoritative answer :)

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe