Re: Comment posted on sqldeveloper-package

Hi, Phil.

It'll be a lot of work, but I have to change my email address, I've
been having problems with BigFoot service, and only yesterday noticed
it was failed.

Probably it doesn't matter who's name appears on the page as long as
the package gets sponsored which, from my experience, isn't that easy
and the reason I gave up in 2012 of keeping uploading my newer
versions.

I develop all my packages in "testing", but I've tried to have them
backward compatible, so I believe that all of them will work on
previous releases counting from the time they were published.

I've noticed the key issue and I believe you are right, it's the 1024
bit that might be issuing the warning, I'll look into it also.

I didn't notice you had issued a package, just noticed the bug report,
I haven't been using 0.2.4 since Nov 2012. The code base became quite
different from 0.2.4 to 0.3.0, not sure how to add an out of order
entry to changelog, if I put it in sequence with the version number
the date is completely wrong, if I do it by date the version is out of
order. In fact your package is more of a fork than an inline version.

Since it's native, the changelog isn't just for the uploaded versions,
it's for all the ones I've made, even those I haven't made public,
like those prior to 0.2.3.

Never used Alioth, just GitHub, and for a long time just my own
machine. No issue was raised before about this, so I'm guessing it's
not a requirement.

I've revised your "stretch-pu" package and though the changelog isn't
quite accurate (--no-tgz-check is used, not because sqldeveloper isn't
free but, because this is a native package and doesn't need a ".orig"
folder or archive), the patch to make-sqldeveloper-package is
pristine, so I see no issue in it.

Regards,

--
Lazarus