Re: Question about watch files

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 07:29:56AM +0200, Sascha Manns wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Am Freitag, den 06.10.2017, 16:01 +1100 schrieb Ben Finney:
> > Sascha Manns <Sascha.Manns@mailbox.org> writes:
> > You don't need to write it; UScan version 4 already knows a regex
> > that
> > matches the common version strings.
>
> I tried out the following:
> https://launchpad.net/@PACKAGE@/@ANY_VERSION@/@ANY_VERSION@/+download/@PACKAGE@-@ANY_VERSION@@ARCHIVE_EXT@
> for matching
> https://launchpad.net/ignore-me/0.x/0.1.0/+download/ignore-me-0.1.0.tar.xz
>
> But i got:
> sascha@sascha-desktop:/tmp/pbuilder/ignore-me/ignore-me-0.1.0$ uscan
> uscan warn: In debian/watch,
>   no matching hrefs for pattern
>   https://launchpad.net/ignore-me/[-_]?(\d[\-+\.:\~\da-zA-Z]*) at
> /usr/bin/uscan line 4291, <WATCH> line 16.
>
> Do you know, what that means?

To me it looks like a error in the watch file, uscan chokes on it.

However the debian/watch is provided. Which makes it (too) hard to reproduce
and rerun uscan after changes.

Change to try:    the  +download   into   \+download
The idea behind it:  The slash should make the plus-sign a literal character,
                     not plus-sign meaning previous character one or more times.

Simular: Change the  +download   into   .download
Thinking: The plus-sign is probably seen as special character,
          the dot is special character meaning any character.

Let us, the mailinglist{, archive}, known how it went.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven