debuild finds no secret key after dist-upgrade

Hi,

after dist-upgrading my Sid VM, gpg forgot my secret key.
This keeps "debuild -S" from working successfully.

No text is put out by
   gpg --list-secret-keys

I read on
  https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/GPG-Configuration.html
that since GnuPG 2.1 the file
  ~/.gnupg/secring.gpg
is not used any more.
It still exists, but gpg --version now says "2.2.0".

I am not an expert for gpg. Can anybody help with the transition ?

Alternatively: Would it be ok to make my packages with a backup of my
Sid which is still in the state before today's dist-upgrade ?

Further problem:
lintian says Standards-Version: is 4.0.0,
upgrading-checklist.txt says it is 4.1.0.

Long story:

I prepared debian/control and debian/changelog of libisofs. But
  debuild -S
fails with messages which i never saw before:

Now running lintian...
E: libisofs changes: orig-tarball-missing-upstream-signature libisofs_1.4.8.orig.tar.gz
W: libisofs source: newer-standards-version 4.1.0 (current is 4.0.0)
Finished running lintian.
Now signing changes and any dsc files...
 signfile dsc libisofs_1.4.8-1.dsc Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net>
gpg: skipped "Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net>": No secret key
gpg: /tmp/debsign.dxm4g8HA/libisofs_1.4.8-1.dsc: clear-sign failed: No secret key
debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....
debuild: fatal error at line 1053:

My last successful packaging was in September 2016.

My $HOME on Sid has a .gnupg directory with files which, except one,
are unchanged since two years, when i began to prepare Debian packages.
Last year they did suffice.
The only file with new timestamp is the empty directory
  .gnupg/private-keys-v1.d
which according to
  https://www.gnupg.org/faq/whats-new-in-2.1.html#nosecring
is supposed to contain automatically converted secret keys.

The lintian error is documented as
  The packaging includes an upstream signing key but the corresponding
  .asc signature for one or more source tarballs are not included in your
  .changes file.
Policy 5.5 says that ".changes" stems from control, changelog, or rules.
Do i have to edit one of them ?

The lintian warning about Standards-Version is strange.
  https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/upgrading-checklist.txt
says we are at 4.1.0.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas