Re: Package not migrating

Ole Streicher:
> Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> writes:
>> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 08:42:37PM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
>>> * Not touching package due to block request by adsb (check
>>>   https://release.debian.org/testing/freeze_policy.html if update is
>>>   needed)
>> https://release.debian.org/britney/hints/adsb:
>> # 20170720
>> # in both main and contrib, breaks britney / dak
>> # (#824169)
>> block cpl
>
> And what should I do to get it migrated?
>
> Best
>
> Ole

The package is affected by the same issue that chocolate-doom was in the
referenced bug (#824169).  The situation in summary:

 * The source produces 1 or more binaries in "main" and 1 or more
   binaries in "contrib"

 * During upload, dak can (mistakenly) end up putting the source in
   both main and contrib at the same time.  Technically, it ends up in
   different suites (unstable vs unstable-debug), but these suites have
   to agree.

 * Once britney requests dak to migrate the package to testing, dak
   will notice the issue and reject the import (resulting in a
   rollback of all changes to testing).

 * The quickest way to untangle the situation is to block the affected
   package (i.e. ensure britney will not migrate it), so other packages
   can migrate to testing.  This is most likely why cpl is now blocked
   by a manual hint.

With the situation clarified, here is how it can be fixed:

 1a. Have dak patched so it does not do this again.  Depending on the
     exact implementation, it may need to be combined with 2).  Once
     that is resolved, it will also need 3)

 1b. Avoid having a source package that builds binaries in multiple
     components.  Sadly, this often implies duplicating the majority
     of the source package.  Combine with 2) + 3)

 1c. *Maybe* the FTP masters can work around this (I don't remember)
     on their side on a per package basis.  This will need to be
     combined with 2) (although, the FTP masters will probably do it
     as the same time as this item) + 3).

 2. Have the FTP masters clean up the old version that is in multiple
    components at the same time.

 3. Ask the release team to remove the block hint now that the situation
    is fixed (and attempting to migrate cpl will no longer force a
    rollback)

Hope that clarified the situation.

Thanks,
~Niels