Re: Please try things you don't (yet) understand (was: Linitian orig-tarball-missing-upstream-signature)

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 11:14:13AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > It must be the upstream signature, not yours. Please don't do things you
> > don't understand.
>
> That is uncalled for, Andrey.
>
> This is the Debian mentors forum, we are *encouraging* people to try
> doing things they don't yet understand, as a way to learn and understand
> them.
Sure.
"Please try things you don't understand but don't try to put the result
into the archive". I wonder if a sponsor can distinguish between an
upstream siugnature and a wrong one.

> When people try things they don't yet understand, or have questions
> about them and ask here, please don't discourage that.
I didn't see a question there, only a wrong advice.

--
WBR, wRAR