I am looking for a sponsor for my package "fancon"
* Package name : fancon
Version : 0.11.13
Upstream Author : Hayden Briese (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* URL : https://github.com/hbriese/fancon
* License : Apache Version 2.0
Section : utils
It builds those binary packages:
fancon - High performance, configurable system & NVIDIA fan control daemon
I wrote fancon as an alternative/replacement to the 'fancontrol' package.
Please keep in mind that I appreciate the work the lm-sensors team has
done on fancontrol, and wish to improve Linux fan control in part
through use of their library libsensors.
fancon provides several key improvements over fancontrol:
- Meaningful configuration - RPM & percentage speed control, not just
PWM control as fancontrol provides (e.g. 5% or 600RPM vs 125PWM);
note. PWM control is still supported.
- Simpler configuration - greater readability and ease of use (a serious
issue for fancontrol, in my opinion).
- NVIDIA GPU fan control support; AMD support planned.
- Support for stopping fans completely, with guaranteed start (minimum PWM is
almost always lower than the starting PWM meaning you can't go
from 0RPM -> 400RPM, but instead from 0 -> 500 -> 400),
not supported by fancontrol.
- User doesn't require knowledge detailed knowledge of each fan as
they do with fancontrol due to 'meaningful configuration' support
(120PWM does not result in the same RPM for even the same
model of fan).
- No limit on the number of configuration points,
where as fancontrol has a limit of 3.
- Support for profiles
To access further information about this package, please visit the following URLs:
The package can be downloaded directly with dget:
dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fancon/fancon_0.11.13.dsc
Please email any feedback, and feature/package request.