Re: pandoc example for implementing Policy 12.4

Nicholas D Steeves <nsteeves@gmail.com> writes:

> Would someone please point me to an example package that shows the
> correct way to override or use a special
> debian/package.convert-list-of-files-to-convert-to-html
> debian/package.convert-list-of-files-to-convert-to-plain-text
> debian/package.convert-list-of-files-to-info-pages
> etc.
> info/man pages and convert documentation out of markdown format.  I'm
> trying to comply with Policy 12.4 regarding converting README.org to
> README.html, because README.org is markdown.

> I guess it's also arguable that README.html should be further
> converted using html2text, if pandoc can't do that...

So, I think it's entirely fine to just install README.org as-is as text
documentation, since that's part of the point of Markdown: to not require
any special formatting.  That satisfies Policy.

But if you *really* want to provide an HTML version for some reason,
multimarkdown < README.org > README.html does a pretty good job (probably
redirecting it to some path under the staging area for building the new
package).

BTW, are you sure that this is in Markdown?  org-mode is something else
that isn't necessarily Markdown....